- 2. Using WordPress plugins
- WP Legal Pages Pro
- WP AutoTerms
The definition of personal data typically comprises the name, residential address, email address, IP address, phone number of the users. It may also include financial information like the details of the credit card or debit card.
- Name and other basic details of the company
- Details about the data that you collect on your site
- The process of your data collection
Reason for collecting the data. This may be for improving the quality of your website or user experience
Whether users can opt-out of cookies. If so, then you may add the links to opt-out pages on your site as well as on third-party advertiser websites
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Settings -> Privacy
You will see that WordPress has drafted a page for your site
You can either use the page by clicking on the “Use this page” button or create a new page clicking on the “Create New Page” button
You can manually create a page if you want to add a personal touch to your privacy page. If you are not comfortable with this, go for the default page. You can edit the details as per your needs using the following steps –
Clicking on the “Edit” button
- You will see sections like how your website collects information
- There will also be empty sections
- Add your information in the respective fields and click on the Publish button to save the changes
First of all, you need to create a menu by going to Appearance -> Menus
- You will find a “Create a new menu” on the top, click on it
- Now you have to give a name to the menu
- Click on the “View All” tab on the left column. You will see a list of pages
- Select the pages you want to add to the menu and click on the “Add to menu” button
- All the selected pages will now appear in your menu
- You can arrange them in the order by simply dragging them up or down
- Click on the save menu button to save the changes
- Now go to Appearance -> Widgets
- Click on Navigation Menu -> Footer Widget
- Now click on the “Add widget” button
- Select the menu you have created on the right column
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to publish your changes
2. Using WordPress plugins
WP Legal Pages Pro
WP Legal Pages Pro is an advanced WordPress plugin for creating attorney level legal documents on your site. It comes with 25+ pre-designed templates designed for different purposes.
You can edit the default fields also. Using the templates you can create your own pages. No need to take help from any lawyer. All the templates are designed after having a consultation with experienced lawyers. WP Legal pages Pro is easy to install and customize.
There are hundreds of shortcodes to display legal information on your website. The plugin is well documented. It works well with all the WordPress themes. It is available in both free and premium versions. You can also download the free version of the plugin from WordPress.org.
- Cookie consent popup
- Cookie bar banner
- Affiliate disclosure
- Anti-spam policy
Read our WP legal pages review
When you update a legal document, it will automatically send a notification to your users about it. The plugin is available in both free and premium versions. The premium version offers you many advanced features like creating affiliate disclosures and endorsements.
WP Autoterms is easily customizable. The custom CSS, color pickers, and other features allow you to adapt the plugin to your website. It works well with all the WordPress themes. There is 24×7 support. Any moment you get stuck, you just draft a mail and the support team will resolve the issue.
- Legal agreement for websites
- Compliance kits
- Easy to customize
- Good customer support
Hi Abdullah Prem,
Its fine or need to update?
Fine for small blogs, but you must get premium one if you’re serious about blogging.
Hey Abdullah Prem ,
Excellent post with fab-work. I truly appreciate your hard-work.
After going through this complete guide i really got helpful ideas and have also boosted my knowledge upto some limit.
Eventually thanks for sharing your knowledge, ideas and such an informative post.